This eight hour course consists primarily of classroom with some range time. This course is highly recommended for those new to shotguns. Total cost for the course is $150.00.
In this class you will learn:
- How Your Shotgun Operates
- Maintaining Your Shotgun
- Patterning Your Shotgun
- Ammunition Selection
- Clearing Malfunctions
Students will be required to bring the following to class:
- Cased, UNLOADED pump or semiautomatic shotgun*
- 25 (fifty) rounds of OO buckshot
- 25 (fifty) rounds of 6, 7, 8, or 9 shot
- 20 rifled slugs
- Hearing protection, either earplugs or earmuff style
- Ballistic eyewear (Inexpensive and can be found at sporting goods counters)
- Baseball cap or hat
- Appropriate clothing for weather. (Range is outdoors, and we shoot regardless of weather, safety permitting.
Click here to download, print, and complete the class forms. The Permission for Photography form is optional. The others are mandatory, and must be brought to class for you to participate.
Click Here To View Larger Map
Classes are held at the SkipJ Range facility, 605 Murphy Road, Anderson, SC 29626.
Questions? Contact Us.
Need a different class date? Have a special need? We may be able to accomodate you. If you have anywhere from eight to twelve students interested in a class, schedules permitting, we can travel to homes or different ranges and conduct courses on dates convenient for you. Email or call us at (864) 617-4743 for more information.