SC Concealed Weapons Permit Course
Obtaining your South Carolina concealed weapons permit is a significant step towards achieving the goal of taking personal responsibility for the safety of yourself and your loved ones. You owe it to yourself to get the best training you can find.
Because you understand the tremendous responsibility of carrying a concealed weapon, you want the best training you can find. While we also offer the one-stop-shop convenience of range qualification and application completion, we allot time for this after the blocks of instruction. This allows you to receive eight full hours of training, covering subjects that few if any other instructors include in their curriculum. At the completion of the course, you will have everything you need to apply for your SC Concealed Weapons Permit. The complete package is $125.00
Your decision to effectively and responsibly carry a concealed weapon is a lifestyle change. This extends far beyond the clothing changes necessary to conceal a handgun. Mindset, situational awareness, and civil liability are just a few of the many considerations responsible CWP holders incorporate into their daily life. It’s our responsibility to you to teach these things.
Our class features:
- Firearms Safety
- Range Qualification
- Mindset & Lifestyle
- Situational Awareness
- De-Escalation Tactics
- Weapon Type & Operation
- Ammunition Function & Terminal Ballistics
- Weapon & Ammunition Selection
- Concealed Carry Methods
- SC Concealed Carry Laws & Legal Considerations
- Civil Liability
- Interaction With Law Enforcement
- Post Shooting Strategy
You’ll benefit from our class by:
- Knowing how to recognize and avoid dangerous situations
- Making informed decisions when choosing guns, holsters, and ammunition
- Knowing how your gun works…and what to do when it doesn’t!
- Letting you have a plan in place if you have to defend yourself
Class size is limited to twelve students so that we can provide the best amount of individual attention.
Students will be required to bring the following to class:
- Cased, UNLOADED centerfire double action revolver or semiautomatic pistol (A .38 Special revolver and holster will be available free of charge for qualification for students who have not yet purchased a firearm. You will need to bring 100 rounds of FACTORY LOADED .38 special ammunition for the qualification course if you plan on using this revolver. NO reloads will be allowed for use in this gun.)
- 100 (one hundred) rounds of ammunition for the handgun that will be used in class
- Strong side holster for the handgun to be used in class. (Can be inside the waistband or outside the waistband. No ankle, crossdraw, or shoulder holsters will be allowed.)
- Hearing protection, either earplugs or earmuff style
- Ballistic eyewear (Inexpensive and can be found at sporting goods counters)
- Baseball cap or hat
- Appropriate clothing for weather. (Range is outdoors, and we shoot regardless of weather, safety permitting.)
- One of the following: valid South Carolina driver’s license or an official identification card issued by the Department of Revenue, a federal or state law enforcement agency, an agency of the United States Department of Defense, or the United States Department of State; a voter registration card; or another document that SLED may determine that fulfills this requirement.
- Proof of actual or corrected vision rated at 20/40 within six months of the date of application or, in the case of a person licensed to operate a motor vehicle in this State, presentation of a valid driver’s license
- A certified check, money order, or business check in the amount of $50.00 (fifty U.S. dollars) payable to SLED
The classroom and range are not within reasonable driving distance of restaurants. Bring a lunch.
The CWP course is not a basic marksmanship course. The class includes a range safety briefing after which applicants must successfully complete the State mandated course of fire. (See attached .pdf) If after reviewing the course of fire you feel you will not be able to qualify, we strongly encourage that you take our NRA Basic Pistol course and/or our Basic Defensive Pistol course.
Ladies Only Classes
Have a group of eight to twelve ladies interested in obtaining a CWP? Contact us and we’ll set up a special ladies only class for you.
Need a different class date? Have a special need? We may be able to accomodate you. If you have anywhere from eight to twelve students interested in a class, schedules permitting, we can travel to homes or different ranges and conduct courses on dates convenient for you. Email or call us at (864) 617-4743 for more information.
Click here to download, print, and complete the class forms. The Permission for Photography form is optional. The others are mandatory, and must be brought to class for you to participate.
Classes are held at the SkipJ Range facility, 605 Murphy Road, Anderson, SC 29626.
Questions? Contact Us.