Basic Defensive Handgun
Maybe you’re planning on getting your SC Concealed Weapons Permit, or you already have one and you realize you need more training to safely and effectively carry. With a combination of two hours of classroom and six hours of range time, you will come away grounded in the basics of defensively carrying a handgun. The total cost for this course is $175.00.
In our eight hour class, you will learn:
- Safely Carrying A Handgun
- Sight Alignment & Adjustment
- Malfunctions You Can Expect & How To Clear Them
- Threat Identification & Engagement
The benefits you’ll take away from this course:
- You’ll Know Your Gun’s Sights Are “On”
- You’ll Understand The Defensive Capabilities & Limitations Of Your Gun
- You’ll Know How To Clear Malfunctions
- You’ll Know How To Reload Your Gun
Students will be required to bring the following to class:
- Cased, UNLOADED centerfire double action revolver or semiautomatic pistol
- Minimum of 3 (three) Magazines (Speedloaders for Revolvers)
- 300 (three hundred) rounds of ammunition for the handgun that will be used in class
- Strong side holster for the handgun to be used in class. (Can be inside the waistband or outside the waistband. No ankle, crossdraw, or shoulder holsters will be allowed.)
- Hearing protection, either earplugs or earmuff style
- Ballistic eyewear (Inexpensive and can be found at sporting goods counters)
- Baseball cap or hat
- Appropriate clothing for weather. (Range is outdoors, and we shoot regardless of weather, safety permitting.)
Click here to download, print, and complete the class forms. The Permission for Photography form is optional. The others are mandatory, and must be brought to class for you to participate.
Classes are held at the SkipJ Range facility, 605 Murphy Road, Anderson, SC 29626.
Questions? Contact Us.
Need a different class date? Have a special need? We may be able to accomodate you. If you have anywhere from eight to twelve students interested in a class, schedules permitting, we can travel to homes or different ranges and conduct courses on dates convenient for you. Email or call us at (864) 617-4743 for more information.