Advanced Defensive Pistol
If you’re a concealed weapon permit holder, or carry a gun professionally, you owe it to yourself to give yourself the best chance of surviving a gunfight. This two day, sixteen hour course is very range intensive and designed to teach you the skills you need to survive. Total cost for this course is $300.00.
In our sixteen hour class, you will learn:
- Moving To Cover
- Threat Discernment & Engagement
- Multiple Threat Engagement
- Malfunctions You Can Expect & How To Clear Them
- Shooting From Cover
- Shooting From Non-Standard Positions
Students will be required to bring the following to class:
- Cased, UNLOADED centerfire double action revolver or semiautomatic pistol
- Minimum of 3 (three) Magazines (Speedloaders for Revolvers)
- 500 (five hundred) rounds of ammunition for the handgun that will be used in class
- Strong side holster for the handgun to be used in class. (Can be inside the waistband or outside the waistband. No ankle, crossdraw, or shoulder holsters will be allowed.)
- Hearing protection, either earplugs or earmuff style
- Ballistic eyewear (Inexpensive and can be found at sporting goods counters)
- Baseball cap or hat
- Appropriate clothing for weather. (Range is outdoors, and we shoot regardless of weather, safety permitting.)
Course Prerequisite: Our Basic Defensive Pistol course or completion of a verifiable military, law enforcement, or other comparable training course, concealed weapon permit, LE credentials, or military ID card. (We don’t train bad guys, and we don’t apologize for this policy.)
This is NOT a beginner level course.
Click here to download, print, and complete the class forms. The Permission for Photography form is optional. The others are mandatory, and must be brought to class for you to participate.
Click Here To View Larger Map
Classes are held at the SkipJ Range facility, 605 Murphy Road, Anderson, SC 29626.
Questions? Contact Us.
Need a different class date? Have a special need? We may be able to accomodate you. If you have anywhere from eight to twelve students interested in a class, schedules permitting, we can travel to homes or different ranges and conduct courses on dates convenient for you. Email or call us at (864) 617-4743 for more information.