Advanced Defensive Carbine
This advanced course is all range time, no classroom. Intended for experienced shooters, at the end of the course you will leave with the confidence you need in your carbine and yourself. The total cost for this class is $300.00.
In our sixteen hour class you will learn:
- Target Discrimination
- Engaging Multiple Targets
- Shooting Over, Around, & Through Cover
- Shooting & Moving
- Speed Reloading
- Clearing Malfunctions
- Shooting From Non-Standard Positions
Students will be required to bring the following to class:
- Cased, UNLOADED AR-15, M4, AK-47/74, or SCAR
- Cased, UNLOADED defensive handgun
- Sling for carbine
- Holster for handgun (strong side – no crossdraw, shoulder, or small of back holsters. NO Blackhawk SERPAs)
- Minimum of 3 (three) Magazines (More is better!)
- Mag Pouches or Chest Rig To Carry 3 Mags On Line
- 1,000 (one thousand) rounds of carbine ammunition
- 300 (three hundred) rounds of handgun ammunition
- Hearing protection, either earplugs or earmuff style
- Ballistic eyewear (Inexpensive and can be found at sporting goods counters)
- Baseball cap or hat
- Appropriate clothing for weather. (Range is outdoors, and we shoot regardless of weather, safety permitting.
Kneepads are strongly encouraged.
Course Prerequisite: Our Basic Defensive Carbine course or completion of a verifiable military, law enforcement, or other comparable training course, concealed weapon permit, LE credentials, or military ID card. (We don’t train bad guys, and we don’t apologize for this policy.)
This is NOT a beginner level course.
Click here to download, print, and complete the class forms. The Permission for Photography form is optional. The others are mandatory, and must be brought to class for you to participate.
Click Here To View Larger Map
Classes are held at the SkipJ Range facility, 605 Murphy Road, Anderson, SC 29626.
Questions? Contact Us.
Need a different class date? Have a special need? We may be able to accomodate you. If you have anywhere from eight to twelve students interested in a class, schedules permitting, we can travel to homes or different ranges and conduct courses on dates convenient for you. Email or call us at (864) 617-4743 for more information.